Glenn Smith wrote:
> If I represent half of Ruby's users (other Windows users comfortably under
> the rock) then I'm not alone in my experiences.

I don't think your experiences are representative of that large a group,
but I also don't think the numbers matter all that much.

There *is*  a well-constructed (thanks, Curt!) Windows installer for
Ruby, so the larger issue may be to make it easier to find.

The Ruby home page should have clearly marked links for source code,
docs, pre-built binaries, "What's New", and so on.

That these things may be  lacking in one way or another is not a
reflection of anyone's attitude (indeed, the great strides in Ruby
availability and popularity suggest the overall attitude is quite good),
but more a matter of time and resources.   It's not that anyone is
indifferent or unaware, but just plain *busy*.  (And keep in mind that
the opportunity to effect change is in the hands of everyone reading
this post.  If you don't like the Ruby home page, and are dissatisfied
with waiting for a new one, design one yourself.  Code talks, bullshit
walks.  So to speak.)

Of course, community attitudes can change, and if the people on this
list stop being embracing and helpful, and start belittling people for
being less skilled, less experienced, or less informed, then Ruby *will*
suffer.

--
James Britt

"Blanket statements are over-rated"