Hello everyone,

I would like to request a change to the <=> method to support the
following:

	Nil <=> 1  	== -1
	1 <=> nil 	== 1
	nil <=> nil 	== 0
	nil <=> 'test' 	== -1
	'test' <=> nil 	== 1

Basically, I would like to have the following:

	nil <=> any object 	== -1
	any object <=> nil	== 1

Currently these type of operations causes an error in Ruby.  Any comments
about this?  I took a look at how this might be implemented and could not
trackdown the right place for the enhancement.  Would someone be willing to
get me started by pointing out where this is done in the code?

On a similar note, if array1 = [1, nil, 3] and array2 = [1,2,3], I would
like array1 <=> array2 == -1.  This also fails with an error.

This change would be very valuable for the btree I am about to release and
the database server I am working on.

Thanks for considering this change request, Michael Davis