Ross Bamford wrote:
>>Okay, it seems nobody on the Ruby list likes looking at C code.
>>That's perfectly understandable. :-)
>

> I might have had a go, but would have given up when I got to installing
> a whole ton of other crap, and finding _that_ wouldn't compile either on
> my box.

I empathize and appreciate that you had even considered to try it
out :-). The dependency hell for this code is indeed a bit daunting.

> Simplify, simplify ... If you can't simplify, my gut would say look
> first at the interaction between your various different parts rather
> than for bugs in Ruby itself.

Ah, good advice. Ruby is definitely not at fault! I suspect the
culprit is the environment in which the Ruby interpreter is embedded
(my code). Maybe I'm starting the Ruby interpreter incorrectly:

static int vlog_ruby_init(PLI_BYTE8* dummy) {
  // initialize control-transfer mechanism between Ruby and Verilog
  relay_init();

  // initialize Ruby interpreter
  ruby_init();
  ruby_init_loadpath();
                           // ... argc and argv are created here ...
  ruby_options(argc, argv);

  // register the "VPI" module so that Ruby code can use it
  Init_RVPI();

  // start Ruby interpreter
  relay_ruby_run();

  // the Ruby code will now bind any additional callbacks via the
VPI infrastructure, and relay back to the verilog so that the
simulation can begin

  return 0;
}

Any ideas?