On Monday 16 July 2001 07:13 am, you wrote:
> On 16/7/01, David Alan Black wrote (more or less):
> > On 16/7/1, Dave Thomas wrote (more or less):
> > > the results are in...
> > > "The best name for a small chunk of Ruby code is?"
> > >      facet      31.74%   (73)
> > >      snippet    29.13%   (67)
> > >      point       1.30%   (3)
> > >      rubette    20.87%   (48)
> > >      chip       10.43%   (24)
> > >      Walter      6.52%   (15)
> > >
> > > So, it's "facet" or "snippet". Only time will tell.

> Facet is a counterproductive name for a snippet of Ruby-code.
>
> Can I add my  vote post-facto?  :-)
>
> The obvious (to me) name for a snippet of Ruby-code would be
> a 'gem' of Ruby-code.  But then, how many snippets will
> actually turn out to be gems?  :-)  So snippet it is, I
> reckon
Snippet seems to be the term that automatically gets used.  So
any other choice would probably make communication more
difficult (at least slightly).
--
Charles Hixson

Copy software legally, the GNU way!
Use GNU software, and legally make and share copies of
software.
See http://www.gnu.org
    http://www.redhat.com
    http://www.linux-mandrake.com