On 2006-02-18, Patrick Hurley <phurley / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/17/06, William Ramirez <mercan01 / gmail.com> wrote:
>> ... I'm stuck trying to figure out how to run the script as a
>> service.

I did this at $WORK a while back (with ActivePerl rather than Ruby).
I used SRVANY.EXE (from the Windows NT Resource Kit), which is a
wrapper that turns any executable into a Windows service.  You
register SRVANY.EXE as the service, then create Registry keys to tell
it which program to run (RUBY.EXE, I guess), what arguments to give it
(-w my_script.rb) and what directory to run it in.  I'm not at work
right now so I'm short of details but IIRC it was quite
straightforward.  Googling for SRVANY.EXE turns up
<URL:http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/srvany>,
"srvany.exe is an additional Microsoft Windows application which
allows an executable to be ran as a service.".  Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jeremy Henty