On Saturday 18 February 2006 01:08 pm, petermichaux / yahoo.com wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. From that QTRuby link "to create cross-platform
> GUI applications for Linux and OS X in Ruby". Unfortunately I will need
> to support Windows XP. Sounds like QTRuby can't do that. True?
>
> Peter

Unfortunately, there isn't a stable windows build, they've been working on it.
I believe you should just use ruby-gtk, or ruby/tk(with tile. makes native
widgets with tk) More information about Tile in the following email to
ruby-talk.

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/180329

I described just about all the important facts about Tk, and would be an
excellent choice if you can learn to use the API efficiently.

I've used FOX, and even used fxruby for a very long time. There are great
downfalls which made me use another toolkit. FOX is useless to me for having
no decent UTF support, even though the support is slowly coming along.
Ruby/GTK2 would be a good solution, especially if you're going to run the
applications on unix, scim-gtk2-immodule is _very_ useful. I use GNOME, so
creating GTK/GNOME based apps over Tk is a plus for me.

Tsume