On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Patrick Hurley wrote:

> On 2/17/06, Ruby Quiz <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
>>         #
>>         # 'attribute' must provide a method for providing a default value as hash
>>         #
>
>>         #
>>         # 'attribute' must provide a method for providing a default value as block
>>         # which is evaluated at instance level
>>         #
>
> <pedantic>
>  What if they provide both?
> </pedantic>

i generally make a block the winner because it's bigger visually and harder to
type - ergo one generally meant it if one typed it.  whereas a hash is easy to
accidentally pass using

   attribute(*args){ Time::now }
                ^
                ^
                hash in here

suppose you could throw an error too - not my style - but it makes sense.

cheers.

-a

--
judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- h.h. the 14th dali lama