------art_5764_20323725.1140191067717

Yeah, I ended up discovering http-access2 a little while back. It defintely
does work using this method. I wish there had been some more documentation
out there pointing me in this direction. Luckily though some old posts in
ruby-talk had allowed me the insite that Soap4r will automatically detect if
http-access2 is installed and with the proper othions added, it will login
to a server for you.

Thanks for the help though.

Now I just have to figure out why the soap outputted is slightly different
between rails and a plain ruby script. The main issue I'm seeing now is that
a particular Soap server that I'm working with is dependant on the order
that variables is passed in, rather than the names themselves.

When I script through Ruby itself, it will pass the variables properly, when
I run this same script through a Rails front-end however, the variables get
flipped. This means:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
    xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
  <env:Body>
    <find xmlns="urn://pace2020.com/epace/sdk/FindObjects">
      <in0>InventoryItem</in0>
      <in1>@customer ='BIELUM'</in1>
    </find>
  </env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

becomes:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
    xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
  <env:Body>
    <find xmlns="urn://pace2020.com/epace/sdk/FindObjects">
      <in1>@customer ='BIELUM'</in1>
      <in0>InventoryItem</in0>
    </find>
  </env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

I'm currently working with the provider of this service to understand why
they're order dependant, when the variables are different, but am unsure why
there is a difference between the outputs of soap4r depending on how the
script is run, even though NOTHING has changed between the two. They both
are run through the same objects created by wsdl2ruby ....

Any thoughts ?