On 2/16/06, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius / gmail.com> wrote:
> Friends-
>
>         I am working on a linux distro liveCD called Rubuntu. Which is, you
> guessed it, a ruby/raisl centric ubuntu livecd that has the option to
> install to your HD if your so inclined. I hope to have my build
> system for this set up this weekend so i can start pumping out a few
> betas while I tweak it to perfection.
>
>         I need some help from the community.
>
>         What I really need some help with is killer ruby configs for vim,
> emacs and jedit. And anything else you would like to see included,
> please drop me a note and any pointers you have for configuration
> that would be best suited for this.
>
>         I already have all the basics included as far as ruby/gems and a
> bunch of database bindings and ruby configured mongrel, apache and
> lighty. And I already have plenty of usefull ruby libs installed.
> What I really need is the icing on the cake. I want thsi to come
> setup with all the trimmings. So all you folks with killer vimrc's
> and emacs ruby configs please contact me.
>
>         Any little creature comforts you like or nice customization you rely
> on to get through you ruby work on linux would be much appreciated.
>
> Other thoughts or suggestions? I'm all ears at this point

I'm mostly a vim noob, so I'm looking forward to hearing other
suggestions from long-time users.
However, I've found these three mappings to be handy.

:imap <C-e> <lt>%=  %><Left><Left><Left>
:imap <C-x> <lt>%  -%><Left><Left><Left><Left>
:imap <C-d> <Esc>odef <CR>end<Up><Up>#<Down><Esc>A

Ctrl-e and Ctrl-x spit out <%= %> and <% -%> respectively, and
position the cursor in the appropriate spot.

Ctrl-d inserts:
#
def
end
..and then repositions the cursor after the 'def' in insert mode.