Da tvrtok 16 Februr 2006 04:53 eastcoastcoder / gmail.com napsal:
> Are there any major difficulties it building a Ruby <-> Perl bridge?
> Allowing Ruby code to call Perl subroutines, pass vars back and forth,
> etc.?

Horrible, terrible overhead? Personally, I'd be happier to see Parrot deliver
on the rumours to run all manners of scripts - definately a more consistent
interoperability solution than making bridges.

Also, porting is useful in that it lets you do API modifications with respect
to specific Ruby idioms. Although the bridge would let you do a sort of Ruby
bindings to Perl modules this way more quickly getting rid of recoding core
algorithms.

David Vallner