On 17 Jul 2001, at 21:15, Andrew Hunt wrote:

> 2) The version of RubyWin that I included in 1.6.4 has a bug
>    whereby you cannot run IRB from within RubyWin.  You can
>    still run IRB by clicking on it, or from a shell.
>
> IIRC, the author of RubyWin e-mailed me with news of a newer
> version of RubyWin.  I'll check that out today and see if
> it fixes this bug.  If it does, I'll make a new version of the
> installer and let ya'll know.
>
> Are there any other issues that I've missed?

Hi Andy, welcome back !

Here's some more information regarding the RubyWin problems. To
me it seems that there are some path problems. If I call RubyWin
from the Windows NT Start Menu and then try to start IRB, I get

F:\Programme\Ruby\bin\rwlib\rwirb.rb: No such file or directory --
./F:\Programme\Ruby\bin\rwlib\rwirb.rb(LoadError)

    from F:\Programme\Ruby\bin\rwlib\rwirb.rb
    from F:\Programme\Ruby\bin\rwlib\rwirb.rb:0

If I open a Ruby file and then try to evaluate it, I get almost the
same error:

D:\Capitain\Projekte\de\capitain\tools\jimp\jimp.rb: No such file or
directory --
./D:\Capitain\Projekte\de\capitain\tools\jimp\jimp.rb(LoadError)

   from D:\Capitain\Projekte\de\capitain\tools\jimp\jimp.rb
   from D:\Capitain\Projekte\de\capitain\tools\jimp\jimp.rb:0

On the other hand, I associated the file type ".rb" with
RubyWin.exe. If I start RubyWin by invoking the appropriate item in
the context menu of a Ruby file, I can both start IRB and evaluate
any other Ruby file without problems.

Hope this is helpful to you or someone else.

Pit