Hi,

Jim Menard <jimm / io.com> wrote:
> > NQXML doesn't allow non-ASCII character as element's name.
>
> Disclaimer: I know almost nothing about i18n and m17n (since I'm American,
> I have a moral obligation to completely ignore the rest of the world :-).

Oh, I have no intentin of blaming you.
Your policy that only ASCII are allowed as element names and
attribute names are reasonable, because AFAIK, many (almost all?)
widely-used DTDs and Schemas use only ASCII.

> NQXML doesn't yet interpret XML's UTF-8 or UTF-16 encoding attributes. I
> don't think it will be hard to add once support for these encodings is
> built into Ruby.

I think so too. If we change NAME_REGEX and attribute name's
regex(in nextTagAttributes()), we may use UTF-8 in element.
When Ruby's regex supports UTF-16, we can also use UTF-16.
But I don't know we really need UTF-16 support without
convertion.

> A long time ago, someone posted an example of using Kanji with NQXML. It
> worked for the poster.

Maybe he or she used Kanji character in text, not in element.

TAKAHASHI 'Maki' Masayoshi