--D2PaSNySeYgqlcXL1bx

I completely agree.  I wasn't putting down reading.  I'm always reading
at least two books.  The point I was trying to make was that reading
will help much more if you try to apply the theory and concepts you find
in the book to real life problems.  I can honestly say that the
"Pragmatic Programmer" changed my coding style completely!

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 23:51 +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2006, at 8:31 AM, Charlie Bowman wrote:
>
> > I usually try to find a small tool that I would like to have and then
> > create it.
>
> That's great advice.
>
> > You'll learn a lot more by writing code than reading it.
>
> I feel reading is a little under-valued and can be extremely helpful
> to your growth as a programmer.  Check out the book Code Reading
> sometime.  I sure learned a lot from it.
>
> James Edward Gray II

--D2PaSNySeYgqlcXL1bx--