Dave Thomas wrote:
> This is  a great title for folks who know Rails, and for folks who want
> to get the most out of Rails. It contains detailed recipes for doing
> real-world things with Rails, all illustrated with working code. Some
> examples are drawn from Rails 1.1, the rest from Rails 1.0.

I got the beta book and already love the advanced *and* real-world
examples.  I would recommend a quite few more screenshots for us visual
learners and, under Acrobat, the recipes are getting put in the
bookmarks tree incorrectly.

As for topics, creation/manipulation of external content such as PDFs,
images, graphing/charts, and OpenOffice/Word documents would be my cup
of tea.  The articles like email attachments is in that line of
thinking: "Oh great, with Rails, I now have all the data!  Now what do I
do with it?"  Most programming books run from the lessons that involve
multiple libraries as "out of scope" and this book specifically takes
that challenge on.  Thanks!

I'm a little disappointed with some of the plugins/gems already
requiring the Rails 1.1 platform for some of this but here's to hoping
that's the norm soon enough.  ;-)

Michael