At 09:15 PM 7/17/01 +0900, Andrew Hunt spewed forth:

>Hi folks.
>
>I've been off at the beach, contributing mightily to an
>early case of skin cancer.

Mmm.  Skin cancer :)

I'm still not convinced that a nice light golden tan = skin cancer, but
that's another topic for another list.

>If memory serves, here's the deal.  (and if I've remembered
>wrong on any of these I'll soon find out :-)

[gtk snip.  I'm nowhere near ready to be writing GUIs at this stage :)]

>2) The version of RubyWin that I included in 1.6.4 has a bug
>    whereby you cannot run IRB from within RubyWin.  You can
>    still run IRB by clicking on it, or from a shell.
>
>IIRC, the author of RubyWin e-mailed me with news of a newer
>version of RubyWin.  I'll check that out today and see if
>it fixes this bug.  If it does, I'll make a new version of the
>installer and let ya'll know.
>
>Are there any other issues that I've missed?
>

>/\ndy

Unfortunately I'm back to 1.6.3 this instant so I can't give you an exact
error (let me know if you have trouble duplicating this) but I was finding
that even simple Ruby expressions evaluated from RubyWin were generating
similar errors. (e.g. type expression into RubyWin buffer, pick "Eval
Buffer" from menu.  Splorch.)

Thanks for chiming in and great news WRT the latest RubyWin (My head hurts
thinking about designing a UI like that in straight Win32.  That guy must
really eat his Wheaties :)

-Chris