TAKAHASHI Masayoshi <maki / inac.co.jp> writes:

> Hi,
>
> "NAKAMURA, Hiroshi" <nahi / keynauts.com> wrote:
> > See SOAP4R implementation if you are interested.  UTF-8 has
> > already been supported.
>
> NQXML doesn't allow non-ASCII character as element's name.

Disclaimer: I know almost nothing about i18n and m17n (since I'm American,
I have a moral obligation to completely ignore the rest of the world :-).

Won't UTF-8 and UTF-16 work magically when Matz releases Ruby 1.7 or 1.8?

NQXML doesn't yet interpret XML's UTF-8 or UTF-16 encoding attributes. I
don't think it will be hard to add once support for these encodings is
built into Ruby.

A long time ago, someone posted an example of using Kanji with NQXML. It
worked for the poster.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm / io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"Any technology which is distinguishable from magic is insufficiently