On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:22:17 +0900, A Bull in the China Shop of Life
<feoh / fourfuzzies.org> wrote:
> At 09:13 AM 7/17/01 +0900, Euan Mee spewed forth:
> >On 14/7/1, A Bull wrote (more or less):
> > > At 07:05 PM 7/14/01 +0900, Euan Mee spewed forth:
> > > The 1.6.4 release for Windows is broken, several other people
> > > have reported this behavior as well. Try the 1.6.3 release
> > > you'll be much happier :)
> >
> >Is there an easy way to carry out this substitution, now that I
> >have Rubywin installed with Ruby 1.6.4?
> >them and build the  setup anew?
>
> Just uninstall the broken 1.6.4 environment you currently have in place.
>
> Download the 1.6.3 version for Windows.  Install that.
> (All this will be moot when Andy enacts a fix :)

Hi folks.

I've been off at the beach, contributing mightily to an
early case of skin cancer.

If memory serves, here's the deal.  (and if I've remembered
wrong on any of these I'll soon find out :-)

1) In order to use GTK with Ruby 1.6.4 you must upgrade your
   GTK distribution.  1.6.4 also uses Cygwin 1.1.8, which may
   or may not be a problem for you.

2) The version of RubyWin that I included in 1.6.4 has a bug
   whereby you cannot run IRB from within RubyWin.  You can
   still run IRB by clicking on it, or from a shell.

IIRC, the author of RubyWin e-mailed me with news of a newer
version of RubyWin.  I'll check that out today and see if
it fixes this bug.  If it does, I'll make a new version of the
installer and let ya'll know.

Are there any other issues that I've missed?

/\ndy

--
Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development