On 2/12/06, Thomas Gies <thomas.gies / gmx.de> wrote:
> I know, off course, that there is an implementation of the active record
> pattern available. And for using it with Rails for tasks of midrange
> complexity I consider it to be perfect.
>
> But since this aproach suffers from some limitations, I would like to
> know if there are efforts on the way to build a fully featured
> DataGateWay/UnitOfWork/IdentityMap Framework?

I assume you're referring to these patterns:

http://www.martinfowler.com/eaaCatalog/tableDataGateway.html
http://www.martinfowler.com/eaaCatalog/unitOfWork.html
http://www.martinfowler.com/eaaCatalog/identityMap.html

> Who knows something about this subject, or is there a better place for a
> discussion about it?

I don't know a lot, but am willing to investigate with you, I find ORM
in general to be interesting. And this forum/list/group is definitely
the place for a discussion about implementing these patterns in Ruby.

Jacob Fugal