Nuralanur / aol.com wrote:
> I would like to distribute a Ruby application that calls
> an external  application.

> 1.) How can I ensure that everything that I need from Gnuplot
> is  included in my application ? Is this done automatically
> by rubyscript2exe ?

No, it's not done automatically. You can tell rubyscript2exe to include an external executable in the package by setting the constant RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_BIN at "compile"
time

RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_BIN = [ 'myapp.exe' ]

When the "compiled" executable is run, PATH is altered so that the bundled executable will be available.

This works well for executables that are single self-contained files, as well as for
dlls (using RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_DLLS), but probably not so well for programs that expect lots of support files to be installed alongside.

hth
alex