On 2/12/06, David Vallner <david / vallner.net> wrote:> D Nede•™a 12 FebruŠ” 2006 20:45 Mark Volkmann napý‘al:> > If Struct is a shorthand way for creating Classes, why don't objects> > created from those Classes have instance_variables?> >>> My guess is because Struct directly accesses a C hashtable, instead of> registering instance variables in the interpreter. Not like it should matter> unless you for some reason with to access the variables with reflection> instead of the accessors, which I can't imagine why you'd want to do.
My issue is that I wanted to think of Struct as an alternate way ofdefining a class and that after doing so I could use it like any otherclass. However, classes created using Struct aren't the same asclasses created in the "normal" way and because of that I have toremember when I use them how they differ. I've found one way in whichthey differ and don't know if there are others.
--R. Mark VolkmannPartner, Object Computing, Inc.