Da Piatok 10 Februr 2006 20:08 doug.baker / ficoh.com napsal:
> > Hi:  I just installed Ruby and have FreeRIDE open.  In Ruby, is there a
> > method comparable to the "main" method in java that will run the class
> > for testing?
> > I would like to run my class from the IDE.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Doug

My two cents follow: I can't stand the very sight of people making a script or
class executable for the sake of testing - main() methods and the like are
supposed to execute a standalone program, and that's that. If you want to
test, then do it properly, create a separate hierarchy of files with unit
tests. It's just as easy, if not easier to write, and you don't clutter your
business logic with test code.

David Vallner