On Feb 10, 2006, at 2:08 PM, doug.baker / ficoh.com wrote:

>> Hi:  I just installed Ruby and have FreeRIDE open.  In Ruby, is
>> there a
>> method comparable to the "main" method in java that will run the
>> class for
>> testing?
>> I would like to run my class from the IDE.

An alternative to ad-hoc testing in an IDE or via the command line is
using independent, repeatable tests, i.e., unit testing. Mike Clark
has a good, brief introduction to unit tests as learning tests here:
http://www.clarkware.com/cgi/blosxom/2005/03/18. Also, you can find
the docs for Test::Unit, Ruby's built-in unit testing framework,
here: http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/test/unit/rdoc/classes/
Test/Unit.html.

Regards,
Craig