> It's not my implementation I am trying to hide, it's the current
> Generator code the benchmark uses as a baseline.  I realize it's
> readily available, but I think solving this one is more fun if you
> don't peek.  :)

Okay....   ummm....  sure....  I won't peek.  No, you can't make me.

(In case I still wasn't clear, I wasn't asking to peek at ANY
implementation of Generator, but rather wanted exactly what you
posted, which has nothing to do with Generator but everything to do
with benchmark, i.e., the thing I wanted to know about.)