Dominic Marks wrote:
> --
> require 'net/imap'
>
> imap = Net::IMAP.new('localhost', 993, true)
> imap.authenticate('LOGIN','dom','mypassword')
> imap.examine('INBOX') imap.search(['SINCE','01-Jan-2000']).each do
> |msg_id|
>   puts msg_id
>   imap.fetch(msg_id, 'ENVELOPE')[0].attr['ENVELOPE']
> end
> --
>
> This code will cause Ruby to core dump with a bus error after a number

> of fetches. The number is not constant. Garbage collector acting up,
> or am I at fault?

No, it's a bug, either in one of the included packages (socket, monitor,

digest/md5 or openssl) or a bug in Ruby itself.  If I were a betting
man, I'd
bet on monitor (synchronize), but that's a guess.

Which version of Ruby, btw?  The Changelog indicates that there were a
few
touchups since 1.8.2.
--

Its 1.8.4.