On Feb 10, 2006, at 10:23 AM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> I pulled down copies on the Generator library, before and after the  
> change.  I then modified the class names so they could all  
> peacefully coexist, loaded them, and ran a trivial benchemark:

In answering Matthew's question, I found a small mistake in the  
benchmarks posted with the quiz (the timings for constructing my  
FasterGenerator were wrong).  Here are the corrected numbers:

### Construction ###

Rehearsal -----------------------------------------------------------
Current Generator         0.320000   0.320000   0.640000 (  0.642583)
Old callcc Generator      0.610000   0.870000   1.480000 (  1.480780)
James's FasterGenerator   0.000000   0.000000   0.000000 (  0.003751)
-------------------------------------------------- total: 2.120000sec

                               user     system      total        real
Current Generator         0.740000   0.720000   1.460000 (  1.464659)
Old callcc Generator      0.220000   1.500000   1.720000 (  1.714859)
James's FasterGenerator   0.010000   0.000000   0.010000 (  0.003258)

### next() ###

Rehearsal -----------------------------------------------------------
Current Generator        16.610000   0.130000  16.740000 ( 17.032537)
Old callcc Generator      8.070000  32.740000  40.810000 ( 41.072265)
James's FasterGenerator   0.030000   0.000000   0.030000 (  0.037034)
------------------------------------------------- total: 57.580000sec

                               user     system      total        real
Current Generator        16.630000   0.120000  16.750000 ( 16.878429)
Old callcc Generator      7.440000  32.720000  40.160000 ( 40.336902)
James's FasterGenerator   0.040000   0.000000   0.040000 (  0.035432)

James Edward Gray II