> |Why doesn't Time accept the output from ParseDate.parsedate directly?
> |
> |Like
> |  Time.gm(ParseDate.parsedate("Mon Jul 16 2001 GMT"))
>
> Sorry for inconvenience.  Try this:
>
>   Time.gm(*ParseDate.parsedate("Mon Jul 16 2001 GMT")[0..4])
>   # => Mon Jul 16 12:00:00 UTC 2001

Not bad, but now I happen to have date which is given as a string by a
remote client (via http), which must be used to determine whether a
document has changed (and needs to be resent).

Control downto seconds would be nice, I think.

Bye,
Kero.

PS: Yes, I am writing an http daemon in Ruby. Aimed at security. Nice
exercise.

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------- http://members.chello.nl/~k.vangelder ---+