Da Piatok 10 Februr 2006 00:34 tsumeruby / tsumelabs.com napsal:
> Well, I'll reply in the middle of the paragraph. I usually think about ruby
> bindings; how much they are complete and are they stable the bindings are
> compared to others. Qt might be the best toolkit to use, however the ruby
> bindings are not frozen yet, hence I don't want to use it until rdale stops
> modifying how the toolkit works. He just made the signal/slots similar to
> how rails works. GTK is very stable and one of the two top best at
> stability. Tk is the most stable of course, being around longer since all
> of the other toolkits, and now in 1.8.4 having the method to switch all the
> tk methods to use tile so the developer doesn't have to call on tile
> widgets. FOX is okay, but when you don't call methods right, you end up
> with crappy code because you can't find which method you called wrong when
> you have a 5000 line script. I don't write line by line, execute as I type
> each out like a new programmer, I write half complete programs before I
> start testing.

Hmm, how "rubyish" are the Qt and GTK bindings anyway? I have personally a
HUGE pet peeve against ever writing using for example #set_foo in a ruby
binding instead of #foo= (wxRuby); goes for camelCase in method names, or
Hungarian notation in class names instead of using module namespaces (FOX).
Even if there's probably very good reasons for both of those, and if not,
possibly very unreasonable to change them now, my mind still has problems
switching between naming conventions mid-script.

David Vallner