Da Piatok 10 Februr 2006 00:08 Assaph Mehr napsal:
> Of course, any *real* webapp might need need a *real* database. I'm
> just talking about the less real, "works for me" class of applications

Well, that's the main problem with concurrency bugs. You don't know where they
might occur (e.g. they might theoretically occur anywhere) until they do, and
they're usually also very obscure bugs. The other way I had to SSH over to a
friend and do the SQLite delete column hack, and I was damn glad to have the
table locked while doing it and ROLLBACK at my fingertips - ever so slightly
a more elegant solution than taking the whole application offline and then
hacking at the file. Although very possibly subject to taste and the desire
to do things "right" for acquired meanings of the world more than anything
else.

Of course, for "works for me", it's probably Very Good (tm), as well as for
people that don't know SQL or find it excruciatingly painful to work with the
language or SQL shells.

David Vallner