Une b?vue wrote:
> i've a class "Preferences"
> which includes other classes for example "Theme"
>
> i save an instance of "Preferences" by writing self.to_yaml into a file.
>
> obviously, i want to retrive this instance back by :
> o=YAML::load(File.open("#{PREFS_FILE}"))
>
> PREFS_FILE being the preceedingly saved one.
>
> what's the best way to "re-populate" my classes ?
>
> for the time being i'm doing :
>
>         o.themes_list.each { |theme|
>           t=Theme.new(theme.label)
>           t.nb_cols_list=theme.nb_cols_list
>           @themes_list << t
>         }
> [...]
>         @theme_label=o.theme_label
>         @nb_cols=o.nb_cols
>

> does exist a more direct way to do the samething ?

This may be helpful, or at least interesting:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/preferences/
http://redshift.sourceforge.net/preferences/doc/index.html

It's a way of automating the configuration of objects from a
hierarchical hash stored in a YAML file. It works with existing
accessors, so it's very easy to use with a GUI toolkit. See
examples/foursplit-prefs.rb for a version of the FXRuby foursplit.rb
example, but using Preferences.