I had a look at Tile, and it looks promising too. But I tried doing some
Ruby/Tk, and didn't quite "click" with the toolkit. There's also the fact
that Tcl/Tk's white performance elephant in the middle of the room is even
heavier than Ruby's - I don't know whether the Ruby binding binds "directly"
to the Tk code or goes through an embedded Tcl interpreter it controls.

Personally, I'm pondering giving the GTK or QT bindings a look, although I
don't know what state the latter is in, or if there are more extensive KDE
bindings available. The GTK binding should be pretty usable from what I've
heard. I'm also waiting for wxRuby 2 to go final, since I actually have
experience with the toolkit, and had some better experience using it on my
Windows box than GTK. Mind you, all of this was a looong time ago, I haven't
been doing any GUI programming since over a year, and even then it was from
necessity Windows Forms of .NET 1.1 infamy *shudder*.

David Vallner