Belorion wrote:
> Greetings everyone.  I am faced with a rather tricky problem.  I have
> mod_ruby/eRuby going on Apache, and have the following situation:
>
> I have an outer rhtml file which, using the open-uri library, opens up a
> remote rhtml file from one of my other servers to dump the contents inside
> the outer rhtml.  In other words, I have 1 rhtml wrapping another one from
> my other remote site.
>
> Unfortunately, I also need to pass POST data from a form to the inner
> rhtml.  So, the outer rhtml recieves the POST data and can be used using
> CGI.new, but I don't know how to pass the same post data to the inner rhtml
> file.

Can you use open-uri to send an HTTP POST request?

(from: http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/open-uri/rdoc/)

open("http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/",
     "User-Agent" => "Ruby/#{RUBY_VERSION}",
     "From" => "foo / bar.invalid",
     "Referer" => "http://www.ruby-lang.org/") {|f|
   }

Could the headers hold the post metadata?

   "Content-Length"  => some_base64_encoded_stuff.size
   "Content-Type" => "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

I believe the some_base64_encoded_stuff part has to go in the body of
the request, though.  I don't know if open-uri provides for that.

If not, then use a library than can do a POST, such as net/http.

--
James Britt

"A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming is
not worth knowing."
   - A. Perlis