David Vallner <david / vallner.net> wrote:

> You could possibly golf down your script by having the new Theme object take
> as constructor parameters the whole old corresponding object, but I don't
> quite like this sort of coupling of compatibility code in the main logic.

that's a "small" prob to me, i've used java where i might have multiple
constructors...

now to workaround i have build an initialize which returns all of its
attributes to nil or the like ([] in case of arrays)

a defaults method which populate de prefs with default values

an updateFromHash(o) which updates prefs from older structure.

suppose now, in the live of this app, i'll add some new attributes to
the class Preferences, what is the behaviour of yaml in that case ?

i suppose the new attributes (if an instance of Preferences is loaded
from older attributes list) will be nill ?
--
une bue