James Britt wrote:
> There seems to be a conflict of aesthetics.
>
> I tend to find it awfully ugly seeing methods strewn about an
> application, without being part of a class  with a well-defined purpose.

I Generally agree with you but there are certain circumstances where you
would like to add a "specific to your app" method to a general class.  I
like to put these at the bottom of a script (which is what I do in
perl).  If you were going to add a single "specific" method to a
"general" class would you create a whole new class for this one method
our would you put it at the top of your script?