David Vallner wrote:
> Da Streda 08 Februr 2006 17:33 Asfand Yar Qazi napsal:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>How can I create a relocatable Ruby executable?  Meaning, that I can
>>distribute a copy of it along with the modules I need with a binary app I
>>am embedding Ruby into.  I'm considering both actually programatically
>>embedding Ruby into my app using libruby.a or whatever, as well as making
>>my app an extension library run by the Ruby executable - if you could give
>>details of both, I'd be grateful.
>>
>>Thanks
>

> I -think- on Windows the ruby interpreter semiautomagically sets up the paths
> it needs relative to the path where ruby.exe that was run is located, so if
> you can go without the aesthetics and compactness of rubyscript2exe, you
> should be able to safely get away with distributing your ruby directory along
> in the application's distribution somewhere.
>
> David Vallner

I don't think rubyscript2exe is feasible for a game - think something like
Quake 3 here.  But I could be wrong.  I would rather have more control over
the files I distribute, that way I can create patches that replace small files
easily - rubyscript2exe I assume bundles everything into a single file that is
unpacked at runtime.

I'll have a look at it though...

But what about when embedding Ruby in my app?  How do I handle module paths then?

Thanks

--
To reply, take of all ZIGs !!