James and Seth,

Thanks for your words of encouragement. Sage indeed. I'm going to start
with ruby and work my way up. YAML seems to be exactly what i am
looking for. I had not run across it before.I also like the look of
webrick. I really want to keep things as simple as possible. Its a lot
to take in but exciting.

I'm finishing up my simple design and will post it here soon so folks
can take a look if they have the time or inclination. I must reiterate,
I am new to development so mistakes will be made, bugs will be logged
and hands will be wrung, just go easy.

With regard to the design, for a web application i understand MVC
pattern is very popular, we use it a lot where i work. For my
application i'm trying to figure out where everything lives. This is
proving to me a challenge.

Thanks,
Eain