Hi,

q: How do I throw a custom exception in the c-part of a ruby program?

I have a mixed ruby/c class and I'd like to throw an exception that is
defined in the ruby side from the c side:

myklass.rb

class Myclass
  class UnknownFormat < Exception

myklass_c.c

  VALUE eUnknownFormatError;
  eUnknownFormatError=rb_gv_get("Myclass::UnknownFormat");
  rb_raise(eUnknownFormatError,"fatal: format not found");

This does not work. I have no idea how to proceed. Some small hints
would probably enough to point me in the right direction. I have seen
(pickaxe) that I can define the class in the c part with
rb_define_class(), but I want to reuse the class that is already
defined on the ruby side.

Patrick