I have images stored in a database. I now need to read those images from
the database and store to files (using ActiveRecord in a system where
$KCODE = 'u'; require 'jcode' is used (if that matters...)).

I've tried a couple of approaches but it's only giving me destroyed
images (when served to a browser using webrick they look perfectly alright).

I've tried:

     str_bin = ""
     self.data.each_byte do |b|
       str_bin << b
     end
     File.open("public/published/#{self.name}", "w") do |file|
       file.print str_bin
     end

and

     File.open("public/published/#{self.name}", "w") do |file|
       file.syswrite self.data
     end

and

     File.open("public/published/#{self.name}", "w") do |file|
       file.print self.data
     end

All with the exact same result.

I suppose there must be a simple way to solve this?

Regards

/Marcus