Hi,
I'd like to have a "grep" with case-insensitive match. normal grep does
not have this functionality (afaik), but ruby does. So this is, what i
wrote:

cat rgrep:
#!/usr/bin/env ruby
# Grep with full regexp-functionality via ruby

if ARGV.shift == "-p"
  pattern = Regexp.new(ARGV.shift)
else
  puts "Please give me a pattern with the '-p' option"
  exit
end
ARGV.each do |filename|
  File.open(filename) do |file|
    file.each do |line|
      puts "#{filename} #{file.lineno.to_s}: #{line}" if
pattern.match(line)

Using it via: rgrep -p '/delete /i' *.php does not match anything, but
this
#!/usr/bin/env ruby
# Grep with full regexp-functionality via ruby

if ARGV.shift == "-p"
  pattern = Regexp.new(ARGV.shift)
else
  puts "Please give me a pattern with the '-p' option"
  exit
end
ARGV.each do |filename|
  File.open(filename) do |file|
    file.each do |line|
      puts "#{filename} #{file.lineno.to_s}: #{line}" if /delete
/i.match(line)

DOES match. Does anyone see the bug? Maybe this can be done a lot
easier by using ARGF??

Thanks in advance
Ralf Mler