Daniel Nugent wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Don't worry, I'm not jumping ship, I'm just going to have to do a
> project for a class in Python and I want to give myself as large an
> advantage as possible.
>
> Does anyone have any Python tutorials that explain the foundations of
> the language in terms of Ruby (perhaps?) or maybe you've got a link to
> a Python tutorial that you found easy to read coming from Ruby?

For a while last year, everybody was blogging python vs. ruby: graham,
Fowler, Bicking, Martelli, Eckel, Bray etc.

http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Comparison_and_Review/
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Ruby/
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PythonVsRubyCodeExamples
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PythonVsRuby
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PythonAndRubyAreConverging
http://www.rexx.com/~oinkoink/Ruby_v_Python.html

http://blog.ianbicking.org/ruby-python-power.html
http://onestepback.org/index.cgi/Tech/Ruby/PythonAndRuby.rdoc
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyFromPython

http://reflectivesurface.com/weblog/2004/12/19/why-rails
http://www.devsource.com/article2/0,1759,1778141,00.asp
http://martinfowler.com/bliki/CollectionClosureMethod.html
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/5915

http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2005/08/27/Ruby
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-October/305692.html

awaretek.com has 125 python tutorials, and download the free trials of
wingware and Komodo, as well as the documentation pack you get from
Activestate.  They make python as painless as possible (which isn't to
say it'll be completely intuitive).