ara.t.howard / noaa.gov wrote:

> [...]
> not raising an error when the element is not found is an
> amazingly bad idea that would mask many bugs
> [...]

Well, i don't think it's 'amazingly bad'. Array#- doesn't raise an error
in this case, Array#clear doesn't raise an error if the array is already
empty, neither does the Array intersection or any of the Set methods.

Perhaps you can explain why Array#delete doesn't return the array but
the parameter (preventing method chaining).

My first idea was that it should work like Array#flatten /
Array#flatten! both returning the modified array, the bang version
returning nil if there was no modification.

Ok, just my 2 cents, fell free to ignore this post - i just stumbled
about a similar 'inconsistency' myself and wanted to say that.
(no i don't want to change ruby, and there is no offense intended)

cheers

Simon