Mark Volkmann wrote:
> On 2/4/06, Matthew Desmarais <desmarm / gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>P.S.  I just realized that you'll get a good idea of what (aside from
>>core) is in your ruby by evaluating $".  That's the array that holds the
>>list of files that have been require'd.
>

> Good suggestion!  I tried that and I see that "rubygems.rb" is being
> loaded. I just don't know why that is happening. Is that something
> that automatically happens when you are using the latest version of
> the Windows One Click Installer?  As was suggested earlier,
> rubygems.rb ends up requiring parsedate.rb.
>
> This still leaves the question of why ruby-doc.org documents the Date
> class as being in the Core API.

Because I run rdoc over the base set of lib files.

If there is a better way to do this, I would be happy to change.

(What I would prefer is a single set of API files that do not require
one to know whether something is 'core' or 'std-lib'.  )

James
--
James Britt

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, but the illusion
of knowledge."
  - D. Boorstin