I don't know if this helps, but RubyScript2Exe

  http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html

is a great tool for converting your ruby scripts into a standalone
windows executable, including an embedded Ruby interpreter and all the
required libraries. I'm using it for running Ruby as part of an
application installer where I don't expect the user to have Ruby
installed already.

The only drawback I've seen is that the exe's tend to be large, even
for small scripts (~1 MB). Not an issue for me, however.

dean