Matthew Smillie wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2006, at 1:23, Dan Munk wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I am evaluating a number of editors for my company for Rails and
> > utility development.  I am looking at
> >
> > TextMate
> > SubEthaEdit
> > Komodo
> >

> I've never seen the need for a company-wide standard editor.  Every
> time I've had to use one, I've ended up just using emacs on the sly.
>
> So let the coders pick what they want to use, would be my
> recommendation.  You may not get a discount on a site license, but at
> least a few of them would pick vim/emacs, so it'd likely even out.
>
> Just make sure everyone knows to use spaces and not tabs, and you'll
> do fine.
>
> matthew smillie.

+1.  co-ercing, or even just *encouraging* people to use an editor
leads to tension, unless there's other requirements you didnt specify,
like source code management, GUI development, if they're also doing
python/perl, C/C++/Java or other (y'know, PHP) coding etc.

this list has noted textmate undo leaves something to be desired, and
komodo debugging rails has issues, if you "Search this Group" .  Have
you looked at Jedit also?