At Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:53:19 +0900, Tim Heaney wrote:

> I don't do a lot of development on OS X, but when I do I use the same
> thing I use on other platforms: Emacs. On OS X, I use the GNU Emacs
> 21.3.50.1 binary for 10.3 that I got at [...]

Same here, don't work with OS X a lot, but if so, then I also use GNU
Emacs. I use the version from S. Zenitani, at the following website:

http://homepage.mac.com/zenitani/emacs-e.html

Also see the following for more information:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/CarbonEmacsPackage

This version uses recent CVS, and comes with a number of packages.
Ruby-mode is already included and configured.

There are packages available for Tiger for both powerpc and x86 based
macs.  And there is also a build available for Panther, but not by the
original maintainer.

Thought this might be helpful for some.

ruben