I would strongly recommend Radrails. You can download the standalone
IDE here: http://www.radrails.org/

It is open source and allows for easy integration with CVS/SVN and is
backed by on the industry's most popular IDE's, Eclipse.

I tried Textmate (after all it seems everybody in the videos is using
it), but was not interested in paying for what I could get for free.
And I didn't find any feature sets over Radrails/Eclipse. In fact I
found the Radrails/Eclipse platform to be much more flexible and
backed by an open source community.

You can also set up Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org) and simply
install the Radrails plugin. Let me know if you need help with that.

Hope this helps.

Dave
--
David Andrew Thompson