Timothy Goddard wrote:
> Do you mean the number of times a method is references or do you mean
> the number of times called while running? The former requires an
> additional script while the latter requires using the ruby profiler
> that ships with the standard distribution (just add the '-rprofile'
> option when calling ruby. It will display metrics when your application
> ends).

The number of time a method is referenced in the code, not called while
running. My goal was to take every Rails OSS project I know of that has
a source repository, run the parser to determine method call counts,
sort and rank.

Why? The one thing I'm missing in Rails is idiomatic ways of doing
things, even after reading the PragProg book. The framework is big, and
some things just haven't "stuck" yet. Thought this would be an
interesting perspective of the projects currently out there.

Thanks!
John