On 2006-02-03 20:21:25 -0500, "Dan Munk" <danmunk / gmail.com> said:

> Hello,
>
> I am evaluating a number of editors for my company for Rails and
> utility development.  I am looking at
>
> TextMate
> SubEthaEdit
> Komodo
>
> I would appreciate any recommendations.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

I haven't tried out Komodo, but I really like TextMate.  It's fast,
fluid, and behaves like you expect an editor to.  Although
SubEthaEdit's (hitherto "SEE") collaboration feature is great, TextMate
is faster (just watch the colourization of the souce code -- SEE is
super slow).  TextMate also allows you to hook into the underlying
terminal to script new things -- be it automated text, templates,
"snippets" or macros.

Something else TextMate does that SEE doesn't do is column editing.
VERY helpful.

For the record, I use both.  I use TextMate when doing coding on my
own, but SEE when coding in groups.  If TextMate had SEE's
collaboration feature, I'd give up SEE forever.

Good luck in making a decision!

James