On Feb 4, 2006, at 1:23, Dan Munk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am evaluating a number of editors for my company for Rails and
> utility development.  I am looking at
>
> TextMate
> SubEthaEdit
> Komodo

I've never seen the need for a company-wide standard editor.  Every
time I've had to use one, I've ended up just using emacs on the sly.

So let the coders pick what they want to use, would be my
recommendation.  You may not get a discount on a site license, but at
least a few of them would pick vim/emacs, so it'd likely even out.

Just make sure everyone knows to use spaces and not tabs, and you'll
do fine.

matthew smillie.