On 3 Feb 2006, at 22:13, tsumeruby / tsumelabs.com wrote:

> Also, I thought the email was spam like the idiot who kept trying
> to place
> head hunter listings on craig's list.. I wouldn't mind the jobs
> coming from
> the originators of the job, but head hunters are a negative on my
> list.

OT: I once came up with a business plan where a recruitment agency/
headhunting firm would be staffed entirely by techs working in the
industry checking out other people's CV's and work part-time and then
when a job came in from a firm they would be able to say "Hey, I know
this guy over at such-and-such who would be perfect, let me ask if
he's around..." and would pick up a fee, a la agencies.

That way, you'd get firms knowing they can trust the people coming
forward because they are peer-reviewed, and recruitment agencies
would not be filled with people who think UNIX are men without
testicles.

Anyway, I look for work constantly and am happy going to the websites
- I think this place should be somewhere to hide out and talk
programming, not somewhere I have to be on best behaviour.

P.S. if anybody is looking for a Ruby and/or Rails coder in the North
West of England, or in fact any European city I can get to, I have a
gap in my schedule coming up... :-)

--
Paul Robinson