On Feb 2, 2006, at 5:14 AM, John Wells wrote:

> I'd like to write a code analysis tool that could read Ruby or Rails
> projects (so both standard .rb files and also erb files) and do some
> simple code analysis and metrics, like what methods are called (and
> how
> many times), etc, etc.
>
> What libraries or tools are out there that might help one
> accomplish this?

ParseTree is probably the best tool for this job, it returns the AST
for ruby methods as a tree of arrays and includes a class for
processing and rewriting the AST called SexpProcessor.  It comes with
an ABC metrics tool (assignments, branches, calls) and is the
backbone of the ruby2c project.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/parsetree/

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com